Wednesday, August 22, 2007

South Ill

Hi All,
I hope this post finds everyone doing well.

My trip for the summer is almost over. I am in Southern Illinois at Janice's house trying to stay cooled off. It has been so hot and humid here. Maybe 100 degrees today and for the next few days, with 90%+ humidity. Not as bad as the 104 and 105 degree heat in MO my first few days there, but close.

I spent part of last week visiting Todd and Angie in Columbia. Hanging out with good friends and getting to know new friends better. I got to see Todd play in a benefit concert to rasie money for a free school for young kids. It was blazing hot but inbetween the rain and sun the four groups we saw put on a good show. I spent a good portion of that evening talking with Abby, a freind I met and got to know last winter. It truns out her dad lives about two miles from my good friends John and Marcia in Lafeyette, CO. It is a small world.

Yesterday Janice and I went on a hike into a place called the Little Grand Canyon. I had been there a long time ago when down this way visiting Todd. I remembered a lot of it, but not all. It is certainly not the Grand Canyon but very beautiful.

This is the trail going down a little side canyon. This leads into the main canyon.



Pico having a grand time, if you can't tell. :) This is near the main canyon.



It is so wet around here from the humidity the moss and ferns grow right on the rock.



This is one of the many walls in the main canyon. Many of the walls were over 100 feet tall.



This is one of the many spider webs we came across while hiking.This one is about two feet across and about ten feet in the air. It is funny how they like to put thier webs right at face level across the trail. I wonder if they are thinking, "one of these days I will catch one of those big things coming along the trail and be set for life."



This is part of the trail out of the main canyon.



I will be heading back to MI on Sunday. But not before being able to hang out with Janice for a few more days. We will see each other a couple of times the next couple of weeks but then not for awhile. :( :(

We are heading out climbing tomarrow at Giant City State park and then to Jackson Falls on Saturday. I will get some photos out when I can.

Peace and Love,
Geoff

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff- LGC was a cool place to go. It reminded me of something off the set of Land of the Lost.
Sounds like you had a great summer. It's not over yet.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff:

Do you remember: "slam bam thank you mam" with Frenchy?

Do you remember stopping on the way back from Mackinac Island to go rock climbing?

Do you rememberAD/DC all the time?

Do you remember Charlie the wonder man?

charliewonder@yahoo.com

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home