Sunday, August 12, 2007

Heading East

Hi All,
I am sitting at John and Marcia's in Lafeyette, CO almost ready to head back east. They just headed out to kick their own ass on a mountain bike ride and I have a few more things to do and I head out. I don't really want to leave but I have had a wonderful trip, full of adventure, new freinds and wonderful discoveries. Thank you all who have been a part of my great experience this summer. It would not have been the same without you. I can't complain too much about leaving because I still have a couple of weeks off and I get to hang out with two great friends Todd and Angie and then with Janice for a week. :) :) I can not wait to see them all. Watch out here I come!!

Speaking of kicking your own ass, I happened to do that with the help of Aaron from Traverse City, MI. He and his girlfriend Ally came out and Aaron and I went and climbed the Twin Owls at Lumpy Ridge, which is inside of Rocky Mountain National Park.



On the left of the Owls in the top picture you can see the main climb we did. Click on the piture and you can see the detached pillar. Here is a better picture of it.





This climb was only rated a 5.8 but it seriously kicked my ass. I was just plain scared most of the time and took my first trad lead fall ever on it. I loved it and can't wait to do it again next year. The climb started out in a fist crack and then switched back and forth from that to an off-with. Then it moved into a squeeze chimney.

This is me about 80 feet up, finally into the chimney.



This is Aaron into the chimney following me up.



Once we got to the top we wanted to get on top of both the Owls. This is Aaron trying to get to the top of the west Owl.



This is me on top of the west Owl with Mt. Meeker and Long's Peak in the backgound. These are two 14,000+ feet peaks right next to each other.



It was a great time and was wonderful to get on a climb that beat my ass on my last day in CO. Thanks a lot Aaron for going up with me.

I will leave you with a sun set seen from John and Marcia's back porch a few nights ago.



Peace and Love,
Geoff

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok ok, i know i have giving you guys a lot of shit, about you getting married and all. but I'm truly happy for you both, you deserve each other. but a few words of advice, Geoff don't forget your friends I've done and it really sucks. and Janice, what can i say to you. you hurt my man I'll hunt you done, lol. Geoff you are one of my best friends i don't have vary many and i wish you the best. and Janice i know we don't know each other that well but i hope we can be as good of friends as me and Geoff are. so peace out and ill see you Tuesday Geoff.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home