Monday, June 11, 2007

School is almost Over

Hi All,
Wow, it has been a long time since I have posted anything. Has anyone noticed?
School is almost over. I have three more days of summer school and one more meeting and then I am done for the summer. I am planning on heading out on June 28th. Down to the heat and humidity of Columbia, MO. It should be a good time. Then out to CO and UT for most of the rest of the summer. I am going to be back in southern, Ill the last part of Aug visiting Janice. Janice is also going to come out and see me for a week in UT. We are going to try and to get into Zion and then doing a four day backpacking trip into Box Death Hollow near Escalante. I can't wait. I also have plans to do a seven pitch climb in Eldorado Canyon called Yellow Spur, a 5.10a mixed climb. Mixed means it has gear placements and bolts or in this case pitons to clip into. Right at my level so it will be a challenge for sure. I will try to be a lot better at posting pictures and stories. Is anyone reading?

This last weekend I invited to a friend's 40th B-day party. Happy B-day Allan. Hear are a couple of pictures of the zip line he set up in his backyard.





A lot of fun.

The next picture is of Janice in western KY when we drove down to pick up my mom. This was her first time ever climbing on real rock. YEA!



I don't know if this is going to work but the next thing is a short video of me climbing at Cliffy Hollow in western KY.



Let me know if it worked someone.
Peace Everyone,
Geoff

11 Comments:

Blogger Jess Suter said...

YAY for zip lines!!! (Sadly, no your video didn't work)

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was able to view your video. I am going to have Tina watch it with a glass of wine before we go to bed, I will let you know if THAT worked too.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Geoff, cool pics and video. Look like you were having fun. You probably know by now that Ben summited Denali. Hope you have fun in Utah. Say hi to Janice.
Dave
P.S.
Just in case you swing by the TC wall before heading out of town, summer hours are Wed and Sat starting soon.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm reading too. You'll have to share the video when you get here. Maybe we can set up a zip line in our back yard.

Just watched a documentary movie called "What the $#%! do we know". It's sort of about quantum physics, god, and a few ideas very akin to how I understand buddism. a trip without the cid. You should check it out. Also, see if you can find the documentary, "the god who wasn't there". Not as good, but equally thought provoking.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I tried the video again and it worked. You shouldn't drop off the wall like that you might severely sprain your ankle and need your friends to carry you into the house.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It worked in both ways.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Fuller said...

Me too, me too.....look at all the people who read this. I'm very impressed. But the video didn't work for me. I'll try it again later. And sense Todd is telling you of interesting docs, I figured I too would recommend some: "This Film is Not Yet Rated" kicks ass and "F@CK" is pretty good too, but not great. Talk to you later....peace.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Fuller said...

Okay....so when I right clicked on the video that was just a blank box with an "x" in the corner and opened it in another link, it worked just fine. And I agree with Todd.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

I lost my grip and fell just before I planned to. You might beable to tell by the cuss word.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

So, people are reading. Thank you everyone. I was wondering sometimes if all this was just going into the wide web, never to be heard from again.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Kevin, all I can say is that leaves a very disturbing picture in my head.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home