Sunday, April 08, 2007

Back from Spring Break

Hi All,
What a wonderful time I had this last week.
Here is a picture of the students I took to Kalamazoo for PeaceJam and Rigoberta. What a wonderful women she is. She talked so much about the energy we get from all nature and other people and how we process that energy. It would be almost inpossible for me to express everything she said in this blog. How knowledgeable and how in touch she is with this energy is such a wonderful, beautiful thing.

Then I headed down tho the Red. The first day I climbed was 83 and sunny. By the time I left it was about maybe 40 and snow squalls as I was finishing up my last climb of the week. I had a great time the whole week but the highlight for me was my red point of a climb called Fuzzy Undercling. A red point is when you have tried the climb before but have not made it up without falling. So you are familiar with the climb. But a red point is leading the climb without falling. Something I thought I would never beable to do on this climb. A 5.11b sport climb. This picture is not of me on the climb but gives you a good idea of what it looks like.

The next picture gives you an idea of how over hung the route is. When you lower off from the top you land 30 feet from the base of the climb.

Well time to get back into the grind. It was a great week. I am not ready to be back, but c'est la vie.
Peace and Love,
Geoff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home