Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving at The Red

I got to go to The Red this last weekend. What a blast!! I met up with some friends from Traverse City and we climbed all weekend. I came so close to onsiting my first 5.11a called Unknown 1 at volunteer Wall. And then again so close to red pointing it.
This first picture is my first climb I have tried at The Motherlode. It was called Injured Reserve and was a 5.11a as well. This was a true 11a and had a real 11a move on it. I finally made the move but was so pumped I could not finish it.


This next photo is the moon from the parking lot of The Lode.

This is me on the start of Unknown 1.

This last one is a friend Mike taking a wipper on Injured Reserve. This photo is featured on Yourclimbing.com. You can get to it if you look at my links.

What a great weekend. The weather was great. The last two times I have been down for Thanksgiving I had to drive thru a blizzard. Our last day there we had 64 degrees and sunny. I can not wait to get back down there.
Peace,
Geoff

2 Comments:

Blogger Fuller said...

Injured Reserve kicks ass. I only got on it once and that was TR....well before I ever got close to leading an 11a. Did you get on anything else at the Load?

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is that taking a whipper??? Tony??? How ya been?? Looks like you had a great time!!! Miss you tons!
Jen Berry

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home