Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Big News

Hi All,
So, with the same woman's wiles that Eve used to trick Adam into eating the apple of knowledge, I too have fallen under the spell of a women. My soul is now in jepordy. Janice and I are living together in sin. But as Billy Joel said in his song Only the Good Die Young, "I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints because sinners are much more fun." Smile everyone it is a joke.

Janice will be here for the summer and then go back to school at Southern Illinois University for fall semester and the move back up here in December for her capture season. And if I have not driven her completely nuts she will move back in then. I am very happy. :) :) :)

So, last weekend Janice, Molly, Pico and I did a long day hike on Sleeping Bear Dunes. We started near Glen Haven and walked cross country to the dead forest near the lookout on Stocking Drive.

This picture is of a big boulder in the middle of all this sand. As you walk around on the dunes you always see little rocks but every now and again to come across these good sized boulders.


The next few pictures are walking around the dead forest way up on the dunes.






So, over many, many years the sand slowly covers the forest. Of course the forest dies. Then over many, many years again the sand slowly uncovers the dead forest. Some of these logs are big. As you walk around and take a closer look at the logs, the beautifully sculpted designs the sand and winds make is amazing. You may also see tracks of some of the critters that call this place home now.

This is a picture of Molly waiting very for the okay to run down this giant dune to go swimming


This is at the bottom of the giant dune on the rocky shore of Lake Michigan.


Janice, Molly, Pico and I then walked the beach around Sleeping Bear point to a trail head near Glen Haven. But along the way we stopped for lunch and a short nap. This was taken right after our short nap.


This is part of an old ship wreck before we headed back over land from the lake shore. It is cool how these old wrecks will be there one year and gone the next. You may never see them again or many years will pass before you see them.


This last picture is of Janice and I having a great time on our day hike.


I hope this finds everyone doing well.
Peace and Love,
Geoff

2 Comments:

Blogger Fuller said...

Wait a second....does she climb too? If she climbs as well, I'm jealous. If not, then I'm happy for you. heh heh When are you (or should I say you kids) coming out to Portland for a spell? Would love to see you....and meet this Janice woman.
Peace brother.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Darth Sillious said...

That's cool Geoff! I'm happy for ya! I really love your pics of the ghost forest. It's been a long time since I've been out there. I'm really jonesin' to go there. I'm hoping to make it there this weekend. I can't think of anymore sentences that start withI so I'll end this. I Luv Ya(there's another one!)T

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home