Sunday, June 17, 2007

Paddling the Pine River

Hi All,
So, on Friday Janice, Pico, Molly and I got to go play on the Pine River, which is about 30 miles from Manistee. It was so much fun and great weather. We both got a little sun burned and spent a lot of time in the water. The water temp stays about 45 degrees because the whole river is spring fed. It was very nice though because it was about 85 degrees and very humid.

My good friend Matt and his son Will helped us shuttle our cars before we took off. This is them in the pictures below just before we took off.





Janice took her white water kayak and I took my canoe. Janice's boat is the little red one.

An hour or so into the trip we came across this little rapid and we both tried to paddle up into and ride the wave. The next two pictures are of first Janice and then me trying it. As you can see Janice takes a lot better pictures then me.





Janice made this look very easy. I tried it four times and only had limited success the last two times. Janice's boat was a much smaller boat then I have ever been in before and when I dumped over I had a hard time getting out. It was kind of scary a couple of times. When you can't get your head above water. But it was all good as long as you did not panic.

The whole trip was so fun. We are thinking of trying another trip next weekend.

I hope this note finds everyone doing well.

Peace,
Geoff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home