Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gunnison, God's Crag and C%#K Rock

Hi All,
I am sitting here in Durango at my freind Lyn's house. I am heading out to Moab this afternoon. I just got done with a most beautiful 40 minute run at about 8500 feet. It is amazing to me that I can do this. My almost 40 year old ass can still do a few tricks.

I spent the last few days in Gunnison with Ben and Amanda. The second day I was there Ben took me to a place called God's Crag. It sits about 10,000 feet, some say 11,000 but Ben and I did not think so. It is a beautiful sport climbing(Bolted climbs) area. Ben put me thru the paces and I climbed at or above my level all day. I was beat at the end of the day.

This is Ben and Pico on the way up to God's Crag.


This is of me about half way up our first climb.


This is me and my mutts on a hike near Crested Butte.


Ben, Amanda and I.


This is a place called Hartman Rocks. The piller is called Cock Rock. I know, I know vulgar but funny.


This is me on top of the, you know. :) :)


This is Ben trying to work out the crux move.(Hardest move on climb) It is a very commiting move, on a tiny foot hold. If you miss the hold you are going for, the rough granite likes to take some of your skin. I left some.


This is the sun set at Hartman Rocks. This picture does no justice to what this was really like.


I had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing Ben and Amanda soon. They are so cool to hang out with.

After this wonderful and short visit with Lyn(Amanda' mom) I am off to Moab.

I hope this post finds everyone well.

Peace,
Geoff

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually make it sеem so eaѕу ωith your presentatіon
but I fіnd this matter to be actuаlly somethіng which
І think I wоuld never unԁerstаnd.
It seems too complicated anԁ extremеly broad for mе.

I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

Here is my website hcg meal plan

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home