Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fun in the Uintas

Hi All,
What a great time I have been having the last week. Before I dropped Janice off in Vegas we did a hike into Calf Creek. We saw a few people repelling down the falls.



The water was so cold. It takes awhile to get down and then at the bottom he has to unhook while treading water. When he finally swam to the edge he just sat down for awhile.

We also drove Hells Backbone road. I highly recomend that if you ever get the chance. It goes thru the mountains and is usually a lot cooler. It also has some great glimpes of awsome canyons. This is Janice at one of the veiws.



I then headed up to Park City to visit Kay and Matt. I met them at their apartment and all of us, five dogs and three humans spent the night in their 400 sq foot home. It was very cozy. We all headed up to the Uintas NE of Park City. After we set up camp we put up a slackline to play on for awhile.



This is me attempting a yoga pose called Warroir 2. Let me repeat attempting.



Later that night we where trying to make fire by friction. We were unsuccesful. Wet materials and beer did not help.:) :)



The next day we headed up to Ruth Lake. It sits at about 10,000 feet and has one of the most beautilful veiws I have ever climbed at. This is Chica enjoying the veiw.



Bill Farrand came up to visit and try some climbing. It was great to see him and I'm sorry Cindy could not make it up. This is Bill on a 5.9.



This is Matt cleaning the anchors and Kay climbing a very fun 5.10c. On this climb you had to pull over two very cool roofs.





The second day we went up to Ruth Lake and I tried a 5.11c.

This is me on the first crux.



This is me falling on the second crux.



This last one is trying to pull over a very fun roof. This route was so cool. I can't believe I did so well on it.



We took all five dogs with us. This is all of them checking out the many other dogs around.



From left to right. Sparky, Issy, Chica, Molly and Pico.

This is Molly trying to find a flat spot on the loose, rocky ground.



I am now back in Lafeyette, at John and Marcia's. It is always great to see them and their two kids Katie the pitbull and Eben the hound dog. All of them always welcome us into their home. Pico and Katie are good buds.

I will be here for about a week and will be doing a 10k on Saturday. My goal is to finish without walking. I'll let you know how it goes. I am also planning on a lot of climbing.

I hope this note finds everyone doing well.

Peace and Love,
Geoff

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous, you look like you're having a great time out there. What are you on a permanent vacation>? lol. Who takes those pictures, they are wonderful. Well I have 12 days until I get to Africa, i'm excited. They have an orphange out there, so between that, the library (for college courses) and the gym i'll be very busy. I can't wait to see everything. Well continue to have a great time. Later

11:18 AM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Have fun in Africa. Friends take some of the pictures and so do I.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff, your vacation is making mine look like a rectal scrape.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home