Saturday, February 16, 2008

Finally, a real winter

Hi All,
After ten years we finally are having a real northern Michigan winter. It seem like it has been snowing non-stop for the last two to three weeks. We have used up many of our snow days at school. I believe some of the days were used because we have forgotten how to deal with a real winter in the last ten years. Sometimes I think our species is turning into a bunch of pansies. Let me add that I have not minded the extra days off.

Janice and I decided to take advantage of my snow day yesterday and her rare day off. Her, Pico and I headed down to Nordhouse Dunes, south of Manistee. All three of us like to X-country ski where we have to break our own trail. We got there pretty early and the plow had not been there yet. But the Subaru plowed thru the snow, even though it was up to the the grill.



We had periods of sun and clouds. The first real sun we have seen in awhile.



Pico had a really good time blasting thru the snow. It was chest deep for him. He had to jump to get around. Most of the trip Pico broke trail for us. But near the end he stayed on our heels, letting us break trail.



We where all very tired when we got done. But it was a great few hours in the forest.



I hope this note finds everyone doing well.

Peace and Love,
Geoff

7 Comments:

Blogger gg said...

Cool, I miss cross country skiing.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on Chuck, so much for global warming eh.

Doug T.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Maybe if we had real Michigan winters for the next ten years I will say so much for global warming.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was in the Rio Grand Valley that day and it was ~84 degrees and sunny. Over the 4.5 days I was there I added nearly 30 birds to my life list. It was a bit of a shock to come back to cold mid-MO. It would be more tollerable here if we had snow like that. By the way, "Global Warming" doesn't actually imply that it will get warmer everywhere all the time. The swings will just get more extreme. Enjoy the snow while it lasts.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I get tired of winter, I stand out on my porch with a couple aerosol cans, spraying furiously in the air shouting "Come on globe, warm up!"

11:48 AM  
Blogger Geoff said...

I do the same thing Kevin but I wait until my neighbors are all outside and I do it naked.

4:44 PM  
Blogger gg said...

I just eat a salad and some hummus.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home