Friday, September 11, 2009

Could Timing Get Much Better

Hi All,
So, Janice and I have a very good friend who is a Grand Canyon rafting river guide for a company called AzRA. When we where visiting Kim in Flagstaff a couple of months ago we went down to the warehouse and she got me on a list to be an assistant on a rafting trip if anyone backed out. As an assistant you are responsible for helping to cook every other day and helping to load and unload everyday. Pretty easy stuff. Well, they called me yesterday and I am leaving for a 10 day trip down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon tomorrow. It is a motorized trip, I would have preferred a paddle trip, but I am still excited as hell. I can not wait. Thanks Kim and Janice.
The thing that is so cool about it is I start my new job at the Mohave County Juvenile Detention Center on September 28th. One last harrah before going back to the "real world."
I will share pictures when I get back.
Peace Out,
Geoff

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kevie Baby said...

Cool!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

Oh I'm so glad for you! In my creative writing class today, kids had to write a story about what a CASMAN staff member did on his/her summer vacation. Tyler Lott chose to write about you. I'll let you know how his story goes next week! Have fun, be safe, thinking of you all!
Amanda, Emmylou and Lenny

5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet Geoff, don't forget to bring your water wings! Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the southwest. Tell Janice and Pico Hi.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I second what Kevin said. Both of them. Congrats.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home