Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Some Things Have Been Going On

Hi All,
A lot has happened since I have last posted. Lets see? I went climbing, paddling, hiking and oh yea, Janice and I got married. :) :)
From June 15th to the 16th most of our family and friends made their way out to the Grand Canyon to celebrate our wedding with us. Our first full day in AZ we decided to do a little day hike down to Cedar Ridge on the south rim. It is a steep 3 mile round trip hike.
Here is a view of the trail and some of the canyon.



Most of the people came to the Canyon went on the hike. Here is Janice, Yonkers, April and Roel on the point.



If you look hard behind everyone you can see part of the trail leading out and up from the point.

Here is Janice hugging an Agave plant. I think that is spelled right. These plants are amazing. They grow for 60 or 70 years and then at the end of their life they send the seed shoot out and then it dies. It was also one of the first ways to make tequila.



The next day was the ceremony on Shoshone Point.
Here are some of our family and friends just before the ceremony.





When it was time for the ceremony we all walked out to the point.



The ceremony was so beautiful and I will always have vivid pictures of it in my minds eye.



Here are a couple of photos of Janice and I exchanging our vows. I will always remember a lot of laughter and smiling during the whole evening.





Here is Marcia helping Pico bring us our rings. Pico was the ring barer.



Here is John doing one of the readings.



Here is April doing the other.



Todd finally told us we could kiss. :) :) :)



Here is Kiefer and Carl watching us kiss. You can see Kiefer clapping.





After the ceremony we all hung out at the point and enjoyed the view and great food prepared by Janice's friend Cam.

A bunch of us shortly after Janice and I were married.



Janice and I enjoying the view.



Kiefer and Roel doing the same.



Todd looking at part of an old ruin just below Shoshone Point.



We had to climb something.



Fuller and I out on the end of a point below Shoshone.






The sun going down on Shoshone.



The full moon rising over our first night as a married couple.



It was a wonderful day and night. I think everyone had a great time and I know Janice and I did.

Coming soon, the honeymoon hike.

Peace and Love.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, brother-in-law! It really was wonderful! We had such a great time and we were thrilled to be there for the festivities.

How's Pico? I hope he's feeling better.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! Congratulations to the two of you! What a beautiful place for a beautiful time. I wish I could give you both a big hug right now.

If the honeymoon trail brings you Seattle way, always know there is plenty of room.

I heard a rumor (o.k.... I was asking around) that there might be a reception of sorts out in your neck of the woods... true?

I have been looking for any excuse to ask for vacation time... and this would be a desire of my heart to attend. Let me know if you wish.

Peace and Joy upon you, brother!
~Kevie Baby

1:19 PM  
Blogger gg said...

What a great place to get married. Congratulations and thanks for my new desktop background.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys rock!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Jess Suter said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wish I could have been there! I can't imagine a better place for such a wondrous occasion.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home