Friday, June 13, 2008

Out West

Hi All,
I hope this note finds everyone doing well.
I am now sitting in Durango, CO at Lyn Boyer's house. I have been hanging out with Ben, Amanda and their families leading up to their wedding on Monday. I will not be able to attend because Janice and I are getting married Tuesday. :) :) But it has been great visiting and meeting all the members of their families. I can finally put a face to people I have heard so much about over the years.

We are going to be having an adventurous next couple of days. Yesterday Ben, Amanda and I went bouldering with Bill and another friend(I can't remember his name) a couple of their friends. It is always fun climbing with them. Today a bunch of us from the families are rafting down the Animas River. It is a section I have not done before but am told it has class 3 rapids. YEA!! Then Saturday before I leave to head down to the Grand Canyon Ben, me and few others are going to Lemon Reservoir to climb. I can not wait. I hope to have some good photos to come.

Most of you know about the flooding that is going on in the midwest. I had a very little taste of that on my way down to MO last Saturday. I take I-57 south out of Chicago. Here is a photo of one river up to the bottom of the highway.



The next one is a simi and SUV plowing thru the water on north bound I-57.



The water was up everywhere and this was before the next big storms came thru. I wish the people going thru this luck.

My next travel story is as I was leaving John and Marcia VanEden's heading to Durango on Wednesday. Just look at the video and it will tell all.



It was kind of cool but also I only brought one pair of long pants. :) :)

For those of you who have not heard my mom took a spill last Wednesday night. She broke her ankle in two places and just had surgery yesterday late afternoon. This means her and Dave can not make out for the wedding. I know they are disappointed and we are too. They will be missed. I hope everyone sends mom good thoughts and healing thoughts.

More to come later.
Peace Out,
Geoff

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hey Jeff,
If was good to see you in Durango and raft the Animus together. If Ben or Steve ever give us a hard time, we can remind them that we skunked 'em in the first 10 games of euchre at Lyn's!

Hopefully your marraige ceremony went well and you are now in marital bliss. Congratulations to you and Janice. You are both such great people.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home